Re: [Question #245813]: Size of compressed packets in ROHC tunnel

Didier Barvaux posted a new comment:
Hello again,

I have just decided to deprecate the ROHC over UDP tunnel. I don't use
it for testing for a long time. I now use the sniffer and fuzzer tools
for that. They are much better. For the tunnel features, the IP/ROHC
tunnel now supersedes the ROHC over UDP tunnel: the IP/ROHC tunnel is
designed for efficiency and may be used in production.

So, next 1.7.0 version of the ROHC library will still contain the ROHC
over UDP tunnel but a deprecation warning will be present in the wiki,
in the sources, in the configure script, in the program usage, and in
the program man page. The version after will completely remove the ROHC
over UDP tunnel from the sources.

Deprecation commit: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~didier-barvaux/rohc/main/revision/1017
ROHC over tunnel (deprecated): https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php#rohc_over_udp_tunnel
IP/ROHC (replacement): https://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php#ip_rohc_tunnel