Re: [Question #245813]: Size of compressed packets in ROHC tunnel

Didier Barvaux posted a new comment:
Johnny,

> 1) How do i create virtual interfaces rohc0 between the switches?
> I am confused because the installation and configuration here is done
> on hosts and not the switches http://rohc-lib.org/wiki/doku.php?id=rohc-tunnel

If your OpenFlow switches are Linux or Unix compatible, then it will
work.

Note that the ROHC tunnel tool will be soon deprecated (with release
1.7.0), then removed with next release (2.0.0). Don't use it for a long
term setup.

> 2) Is there a specific advantage for doing ROHC using the centralized
> control provided by SDN ?

Maybe for setting ROHC parameters, or for defining RTP stream detection?

> 3) Are there any specific requirements for the switches to support ROHC ?

The ROHC library works on any Linux. There is no dependency on external
libraries except libc.