Re: [Question #248894]: IPROHC for dummies routing

Didier Barvaux requested more information:
Hello,

> I dont understand if in order to make it 2 way communication i have
> to set to bidirectional on the server side.

No, it is one unrelated thing. The uni- and bi-directional modes are
about ROHC modes, not uni- or bi-directional traffic in the tunnel.

> on the client i have modified the routing by changing the default
> gateway to the tunnel and keeping a ip host route to the iprohc
> server for the keepalive to work otherwise the tunnel will colapse.

Seems fine.

> if i set the return path tru the server packets dont arrive to the
client.

What do you mean? Do you set the return path on the "desired host", on
the server, or on both of them?

Could you please try to ping the server from the client? Then ping the
client from the server? If it doesn't work, you have problem with one
IP/ROHC problem. Otherwise, this is one IP routing problem.

> Does any one have a sample routing scripts for the client and server?

No sample scripts. Basic routing (server -> client and client -> server)
needs no configuration at all. Larger setup are specific and cannot be
handled with one single sample script.