[Question #253104]: Reg ROHC implementation in Linux , Android

New question #253104 on rohc:

Hi All,

I am trying to reduce the bandwidth for ethernet packets. I am very new for this and identified that ROHC is techique for the same purpose. I am not geting where to start ? I have some basic questions reg this.

1) Generally ubuntu kernel adds the udp, IP, ethernet headers to the packet ? like we will use sendto(), receivefrom() APIs the the reamining things like udp , IP Ethenet headers are added and parsed by the linux kernel ? Hence where we will get the control to compress these headers ? Is there any way we can specify to kernel don't add any these kind of headers ?

2) If we suppose used this and compressed , how to send these IP compressed packets to the remote machine (which is having static IP remotely)?

Can you please suggest any good reference document for these details to getting started with this ?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
Indra..