Re: [Question #263736]: App stats problem

Didier Barvaux proposed the following answer:
Hello,

> I change the code with your patch. I am now able to see the change
> FO->IR after 1700 packets.

Great! Thank you for testing. I'll commit this change for the next 1.7.x
bugfix release.

> However, there is still some problems concerning the FO_TIEMOUT.
> Indeed, 3 SO pakcets are send, then it resend FO packets... I used the
> default number. Is it normal?

I'm not sure to understand what you write about. There is no FO_TIMEOUT
parameter in RFC 3095 nor in the source code of the ROHC library. To
better understand your question/problem, could you please point me on a
specific paragraph of the RFC or at a specific snippet of code from the
ROHC library?

> Is it possible to study the behaviour of the decompressor when the
> rohc packet is damaged?
>
> I know that i can create the rohc packet with the non_regression_test,
> and i can compare it with the packet before the compression. but is it
> possible to damaged te packet (high BER, for example) to sutdy the
> decompressor behavior?

The non-regression tool is not able to damage ROHC packets, however the
library provides different tools to test its robustness.

The ./test/robustness/damaged_packet/test_damaged_packet tool compresses a flow of uncompressed packets, damages voluntary one of them and then checks that the last packet is of the expected type. The tool is able to try packet/context repair (as described in the RFC 3095) if asked to do so. Run it without any argument for more help:
 $ ./test/robustness/damaged_packet/test_damaged_packet

The ./test/robustness/lost_packet/test_lost_packet tool compresses a flow of uncompressed packets, loses one or more packets and then checks how many packets fail to be decompressed because of the lost packets. Run it without any argument for more help:
 $ ./test/robustness/lost_packet/test_lost_packet

The ./test/robustness/malformed_rohc_packets/test_malformed_rohc_packets tool decompresses a flow of ROHC packets and checks that the decompression fails for the last N packets. Run it without any argument for more help:
 $ ./test/robustness/malformed_rohc_packets/test_malformed_rohc_packets

Let me know if those tools fit your need or not.