Re: [Question #266555]: Outer IP packet structure not recognized

Didier Barvaux requested more information:
Hello,

> When I am trying to compress the stream of TCP/IP packets that
> are read using raw socket it gave me "the outer IP packet is not
> correct (bad checksum)" trace on the console leading my packet
> to go uncompressed. How could I make this TCP packet recognizable.

The simplest solution is to make the IP checksum correct.

If you're the one that created the packet, did you verified whether the
IP checksum was correctly computed or not? A tool such as Wireshark may
help you. If you're not the one that created the packet, the emitter
seems to be faulty.

Another possibility is that the wrong IP checksum is caused by checksum
offloading. Was the packet created by the local host on which your
program runs?