Re: [Question #289478]: How to compile as a static library?

Didier Barvaux changed the question status:
Hello,

> After doing so, I found the following files under the "lib" directory in the
> installation path:
> lib/librohc.a
> lib/librohc_common.a
> lib/librohc_comp.a
> lib/librohc_decomp.a
>
> I'm assuming that these are all the static libraries needed, and that I need
> to link my executable with the four of them. Is this correct?

If you are using a version 1.7.x, you need to use the 4 static libraries. If you
are using a Git version (future 2.0.0 version), you need only the lib/librohc.a
static library.

> Another thing, what's the minimal set of header files I need to include in
> my application when using the static libraries for both compression and
> decompression?

#include <rohc/rohc.h>
#include <rohc/rohc_comp.h>
#include <rohc/rohc_decomp.h>

Look at the tutorial on the website: https://rohc-lib.org/presentation/getting-started/#preparation
Look also at the examples in the examples/ subdir of the sources.

You received this question notification because your team ROHC Team is
an answer contact for rohc.