[Question #295051]: Stop Sending UDP Checksum from compressor end

New question #295051 on rohc:

Hi!!
  Didier is it possible I can stop sending UDP checksum from compressor end and we can recalculate at decompressor the checksum again and add it again ? This way I think we can save few bits when we are not sending the checksum bit. Asterisk can do this by using
setsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_NO_CHECK, &nochecksums, sizeof(nochecksums)). for each rtp ports.

But no other software has that feature available. At rfc also says

The LLA profile is obviously not applicable if the UDP checksum (2
   bytes) is enabled, which is always the case for IPv6/UDP.  For
   IPv4/UDP, the sender may choose to disable the UDP checksum.

So if its possible it might save us few bits. What you think ?

Regards
Abyan

--
You received this question notification because your team ROHC Team is
an answer contact for rohc.