[Question #386584]: rohc context reuse..

New question #386584 on rohc:

Hi,

I have this requirement where multiple clients are connecting to one server and both side are using rohc ip/udp header compression/decompression logic. Now since there are so many client connecting with the server and each client is using multiple context within it so I have create seprate compresson with min context configuration. With this setup its difficult to keep all those thousands compresson/decompressor instance forever in the cache.  And moreover the data exchange between client and server are not so frequent so I am thinking if somehow I could store few of those basic information about the "context" used by each client in my db so that whenever there is message need to be sent to that client I can recreate the context and then add it to the new compressor instance and use teh same to send message forward.  I mean this way I dont have to keep all compressor/decompressor pointer alive all the time which will eat the cache.

Also there could be a situation where server can get restarted or crash sometime(although db is kept outside the server) and if I dont have those context refetched for those clients then for each of those client after server restart compression/decompression will always fall back to IR level which doesnt seem good...

what is ur suggestion for about situation ?

regards,
raj

--
You received this question notification because your team ROHC Team is
an answer contact for rohc.