[Question #399335]: Installation issues rohc from source

New question #399335 on rohc:

Hi Guys,
I am trying to install the rohc library from the git source but have come across an error when trying to make the library. I cloned the git repo, installed the dependencies, and ran "./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/bin" which seems to work fine.

However when I try to do a 'make all', I get "../../src/common/rohc_packets.c:171:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘strcmp’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]" error. From experience, this is a generic compile error when the corresponding header file is not included. Looking into the specified file they include string.h file based on whether "__KERNEL__" is defined or not. Just to debug i tried to include the string header file after this check but it fails with the error 'the file does not exist/could not be found'.

I have build-essentials installed and am already running another C/C++ program with the same libraries included with no issues. Am i missing a PATH definition in the configuration? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
You received this question notification because your team ROHC Team is
an answer contact for rohc.