samsung-x360 team mailing list archive

Fedora 11-12 troubles with X360

Hi,

I own a Samsung X360 AA01PL model. With Fedora 10-11, I have noticed no
mayor problems, even the backlight control was OK (thanks to the
forum!!!).

Unfortunately, with more recent kernels of Fedora 11, as well as under
Fedora 12, I am suffering this very nasty bug:

System works fine as long as it is plugged in, but on battery the system
freezes after some minutes. It seems the problem is related to the
graphics driver. I have tried playing with various kernel parameters
(pci=msi, noapic etc) but not with much success.

        [root@x360 ~]# uname -a
        Linux x360.localdomain 2.6.31.9-174.fc12.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Dec
        21 06:04:56 UTC 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This is pretty disturbing, so I am wonder if anybody else observed this
problem, or have any solution.

For some reasons, I would like to stick to Fedora.

Many thanks!

All the best in the New Year 2010!
Karol Grela

P.S. except this everything works fine: the scanner, external 22"
monitor (even via HDMI), etc. Just this stinky bug ;)