sandbox-developers team mailing list archive

Let's discuss the 'add a sandbox gui' blueprint

Hi all,
Giuseppe and I have done some initial (very initial) discussions about the
sandbox gui and wanted to open the topic for general discussion.

Some of the thoughts that have come so far:

Portability:  Which language to use:  C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Lua, etc?
  My initial thoughts on this were PyGTK, but that's because:  1)  I tend to
like Python 2)  If you use bzr and whatnot, you likely have it installed
already

Independence from imported modules (Qt, native OS graphics, Java Swing, text
curses?):  Once again, my thoughts are above.

Finally:

setting a standalone server using Lighty (http://www.lighttpd.net/)
and creating a web interface.

Any thoughts, feedback, etc are appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

Follow ups