sandbox-developers team mailing list archive

Demo shot of the 'Create Sandbox GUI'

Hi everyone,
Attached is a screenshot of the Create Sandbox GUI I've put together so far.

I didn't bother to attach code as it currently doesn't really do anything
yet - I wanted to make sure people liked the layout before digging too much
further.

All of the elements should be self-explanatory for the creation process, but
here are some notes on how I envision this behaving:

1)  Selecting master-master automatically sets Server count to 2, values !=2
should deselect master-master
2)  Selecting the custom toggle will create <Server_count> Source entry
items at the bottom of the GUI
3)  Hover-overs for guidance
4)  I'm still deciding whether topology should just be ignored for non
'Replication' creations or to have that appear / disappear (extra code +
complexity there).  This behavior could be part of the hover-over
description.
5)  The '...' button is to pull up a file selector GUI item if you don't
want to manually input the source path.

Of course, there are probably some more elements I am not thinking of, so
any improvements / omissions / etc are most welcome.

Thanks,
Patrick