From: Sergey Lukjanov <slukjanov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2013/4/11
Subject: Re: [Savanna-all] [Openstack] [Savanna] 0.1 Release!
To: Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lloyd Dewolf <
lloydostack@xxxxxxxxx>
savanna-all@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Absolutely. The main difference is that Savanna is the Hadoop oriented
service.
It aims to provide unified user-friendly API that will allow users to
deploy Hadoop clusters fastly and without additional configurations for
cluster provisioning.

Sergey Lukjanov

On Apr 11, 2013, at 20:21, Lloyd Dewolf <lloydostack@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Robert Collins
> <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 11 April 2013 08:30, Sergey Lukjanov <slukjanov@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> we finished Phase 1 of our roadmap and released the first project
release!

>>> Currently Savanna has the REST API for Hadoop cluster provisioning
using pre-installed images and we started working on pluggable mechanism
for custom cluster provisioning tools.