savoirfairelinux-openerp team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~savoirfairelinux-openerp/lp-community-utils/pep394 into lp:lp-community-utils

@rportier1962
As you pointed out, /usr/bin/env will take the python from the virtualenv.
If you do a ls -l, you'll notice that python is a symlink to the python2 or python3 executable, depending on if you used virtualenv2 or virtualenv3.
My changes will, in fact, not break any virtualenv installations for that reason.
Now, if we use /usr/bin/env python instead of /usr/bin/env python2, we are potentially breaking the shebang of anyone not in a python2 virtualenv.
I reiterate that /usr/bin/env python2 should be used as is specified in http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0394/.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~savoirfairelinux-openerp/lp-community-utils/pep394/+merge/204535
Your team Savoir-faire Linux' OpenERP is subscribed to branch lp:~savoirfairelinux-openerp/lp-community-utils/pep394.