Bug Squashing = Job 1

Apologies for another end of the week release which has led to a spate
of weekend bug reports.

I don't expect you guys to work over the weekend, but if you are, and
since the Monday meeting isn't in the morning in Vilnius, I just want
to point out that...

For the next month or so quick turnaround on new bugs* is top
priority.  In the past we've had to say "if I stop to fix those bugs,
there will never be a gradebook/attendance journal/release etc."  With
1.0, those days are over.  Fix bugs first.

We ALL need to pay close attention to the bug tracker.  If you're
getting paid by Mark, you should be subscribed to get emails when any
bugs are reported.  Check the bug tracker daily (at least).

I will be more pro-active about assigning bugs, but developers need to
be more diligent about tracking the status of their work on bugs.  If
you are working on a bug, mark it "In Progress" so that if I don't see
that, I can reassign it to someone else without having to worry about
two people fixing the same bug.  Or if a helpful volunteer
<cough>Douglas</cough> wants to fix a new bug, he can grab one that is
assigned to someone else but not in progress yet and just assign it to
himself and fix it.

We'll discuss this further in the meeting.  We just have to be *very
responsive* now to bug reports.

* except arcane calendaring bugs, which we'll probably still put off.

--Tom