Re: Supported Ubuntu versions

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Tom Hoffman <tom.hoffman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the absence of anyone more technically authoritative chiming in,
> I'll say it *shouldn't*.  Everything should be handled by the package
> management system.
>
> Is this a deployment you're using in production?
>
> --Tom

Well... Sorta...

I am using SchoolTool with my Collegiate studies, but only
single-handed as I have to be both (multiple) instructors and the
student at the same time.  Additionally I have been paying more
attention to my studies than to SchoolTool this past semseter.  Try
mixing "Fuel Cells", "Heat Transfer", "Thermodynamics",
"Fluids/Hydraulics", and "Solar Thermal Systems" all together and add
SchoolTool as the "icing" on the cake.

The problem I am running into is that each instructor is using some
different grading method and I have yet to figure all of the angles
out.

BUT do not feel bad as even the "The ANGEL Learning Management
Software application" (formerly known as BlackBoard) used by "The SUNY
Learning Network" is having major indigestion with the many ways that
instructors are creating grading systems.

I am on summer break now so now is the time for a OS upgrade as Hardy
8.04-LTS is not going to be supported until 2012 when I hope to
graduate.  Lucid 10.04-LTS should get me to graduation.

Dave

--
David A Aitcheson
david.aitcheson@xxxxxxxxx