Re: Supported Ubuntu versions

2010/5/27 David Aitcheson <david.aitcheson@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Nope on the step by step.  Hardy 8.04-LTS upgrades direct to Lucid
> 10.04-LTS and uses the upgrade manager to do it online.
>
> Where my question is the going is the different backbone of
> Schooltool; Zope in V-1.0 and ZTK in V-1.4
>
> Is that going to cause some problems?

You don't have to remove SchoolTool, but that happens when upgrading from Hardy.

Before the dist-upgrade all third-party repositories are disabled,
therefore SchoolTool is not upgraded at the same time. Some Zope
libraries in Hardy conflict with python (<< 2.6), so they are removed
on dist-upgrade, and in turn SchoolTool is removed as well and is not
running for the duration of the upgrade. To avoid that, it is possible
to upgrade those libraries so that SchoolTool is not removed.

Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change schooltool-owners line from
hardy to jaunty. Then,

sudo apt-get install python-paste python-zodb
python-zope.app.component python-zope.app.container
python-zope.hookable python-zope.i18nmessageid python-zope.interface
python-zope.proxy python-zope.security python-zope.ucol

Then you can upgrade Ubuntu.

After the upgrade is complete, edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change
schooltool-owners line to lucid. Then update and upgrade again to get
the newest schooltool and zope libraries.

Gediminas