Re: Resource demos

On 11/19/2010 03:59 PM, Tom Hoffman wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Justas<justas@xxxxxx>  wrote:

  First, the groups are not set up until user creates a school year.  It's a
very annoying problem for me.
  Secondly, it's not written in stone that default groups in a year or so
will work as they do now.  Or that will exist in all deployments.
I'm willing to write in stone that they will exist.  It is a
reasonable assumption.
  Apologies, I did not phrase that well.

  What I meant to say is:

From the user's point of view it's, of course, *very* reasonable to expect them to stay.

From developers point of view, it's a faulty assumption that default groups will be implemented exactly as they are now: stay in same containers, their per-year identification via __name__ will stay as it is now and that all of them will always be in a per-year container only.

It's worth to mention that Alan made a wonderful suggestion that will isolate the hacked-in default ids in a vocabulary and an adapter for groups specifically, making it possible to have a clean base implementation that is shared with extra resource fields -- and easy to refactor if needed.

Regards,
Justas