Re: Removing intervention dependency on gradebook

Hey,

On 03/28/2011 06:03 AM, Alan Elkner wrote:
I changed my intervention package to use the zcml condition and
created the gradebook_integration zcml and py files.  All the tests
pass and manual tests with my new gradebook branch,
  Great!
lp:~aelkner/schooltool.gradebook/intervention_integration, also work.
Only problem is that I had to add<include
package=”schooltool.gradebook”>  (which I didn't commit) right before
the zcml condition statement in the intervenion config or the
condition would never be True.  I tried putting it in the
instance/school.zcml file, but it wouldn't work that way.  What is the
proper method in a sandbox environment for getting the gradebook
package loaded in time for the zcml condition?
  Good catch, I completely phased out on plugin inclusion order.

Code is better than words, please merge from: lp:~justas-pov/schooltool.gradebook/define_feature

I added automatic inclusion of plugin-meta.zcml before any plugin.zcml and put feature definition in gradebook/meta.zcml. Not the best solution; at least best of the worst I hope.

Also, I added changes to both branches to no longer redirect to
app/no_current_term.html as per your suggestion.  Instead the views in
question just return the template themselves in the __call__ method.
I changed the tests in both branches to reflect this.
  Thanks!

After testing my intervention branch against a really old Data.fs, it
became clear that I could not assume that a catalog existed before
updatePersonResponssible got called.  Also, I needed to fix evolve7.py
to not add contacts to the relationship properties if they were
already there.
  True, catalogs are managed at server startup, after evolution.

Anyway, please have a look at my latest commits to the branches for
the upcoming meeting.
Just a small nitpick: src/schooltool/intervention/adapters.py <http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eaelkner/schooltool.intervention/test_coverage/revision/294/src/schooltool/intervention/adapters.py> You don't need "if interfaces.IInterventionStudent.providedBy(obj)" check anymore, because you adapt to IInterventionStudent anyway.

  All in all, if everything works fine, you can submit the merge requests.

Cheers,
Justas