Re: Absences/Tardies in Gradebook

On 05/13/2011 04:37 PM, Tom Hoffman wrote:
As long as the data plumbing works, we're in business.  If all goes as
planned the gradebook UI will be very different by the time this is
released.

--Tom

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Alan Elkner<aelkner@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hey Guys,

I just added a new feature to my working branch for gradebook journal
data tasks, lp:~aelkner/schooltool.gradebook/journal_data.  The user
can now have columns for absences and tardies in their gradebook if
the journal plug-in is installed.  I attached screenshots of the
affected views including the preferences view, the gradebook and the
gradebook pdf.  In the case of the pdf, the logic for locking the
journal columns works as it does for the total and average columns as
demostrated in the attached pdf.

One issue that remains is the fact that the journal is assumed present
in tests, so the automated tests passed even though it crashed when
starting the server with make run.  The most recent commit fixed the
errors where the code assumed the journal was present, but I am unable
to reproduce that configuration in tests.  Can anyone recommend how I
could set up the test environment where the journal is not present
just for the purpose of one test file?

To put it bluntly, you are not writing one test, you are technically writing a separate set of tests - without the journal plugin. So there should be two separate functional testing layers, if I understood you correctly - one with journal, one without journal. The one with journal should stub the functionality we expect the journal provides.

Cheers,
Justas