From: Filip Sufitchi <filip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, May 22, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Subject: CourseInfo Tasks
To: Alan Elkner <aelkner@xxxxxxxxx>, David Welsh <rdavidw@xxxxxxxxx>

Hey Dave,

Alan and I finished today with this list of goals that we have set for
these first 8 weeks. They aren't in any particular order. We do not
have more specific estimates for how much time each of these will
take, but they are do-able in 8 weeks.

    * Create import view for first time population of
PublishedCourseInfoContainer
    * 'Program of Studies Course' link for CurrentCourseInfo page
          o If no POS course found, give a message such as 'This
course is not present in the Program of Studies'.
    * 'Course Revision' page for the CurrentCourseInfo - goes to
'Course Revision' page for the POS Course (see next point)
          o if no POS course found, give same message as above.
    * 'Course Revision' page for POS - "side by side" view
    * 'Program of Studies' and 'POS Revisions' (name?) links from the
School Year view (next to the 'Courses' link)
          o Stretch goal: make these lists
searchable/filterable/paginated, like the Courses list
    * 'Propose New Course' link for CourseInfoRevisionContainer, for
propoing a "revision" to create a new course
    * Course deletion subscriber routine do also remove
CurrentCourseInfo if Course is deleted
    * Update override to SchoolYearAddView to build new
CurrentCourseInfo and PublishedCourseInfo objects
    * Add revision_type, and approval types to CourseInfoRevision

Filip Sufitchi

http://www.opensourcenerd.com