Re: Schooltool feedback

Hi Tejashree,

Welcome to the project.  You should create an account on
http://launchpad.net so you can file bugs at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/schooltool/  SiD was having some trouble
logging into his account but... well, it should work for you.  Let us
know if it doesn't.

Regarding your issues:

Errors:

1) Yes, calendar formats are a mess.  Douglas Cerna is working on a
cleanup for the April release in the case you mention and several
other similar bugs.

2) I'm a little unclear about this.  Don't you end up at the calendar
when you add an event?  Can you explain the steps you are taking in a
little more detail.

3) One thing is that empty demographics fields in general don't show
up when you view a record, only when you edit it.  Also, you might be
seeing this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/schooltool/+bug/914609
which is fixed but not released.

4) I see what you mean, although I don't know that I agree with your
fix.  Perhaps this should be two different forms or a more dynamic
single view that didn't require that refresh button.  You need it
right now if you change the start and end date of the term and then
want to go down and make changes in the calendars below.

Doubts:

1) It is the average of any numeric scores entered.

2) & 3) This is in need of some attention.  Basically, right now you
can enter a numeric score which is supposed to be between 1 and 10 but
isn't really enforced.  Hopefully in the fall release this will use
the same score systems as the gradebook and be more tightly integrated
with the gradebook.  The Journal needs some love.

4) You should be able to go "up" using the breadcrumbs in the gray bar.

Hope that helps!  Don't hesitate to send us more questions and doubts.

--Tom