CanDo08 Video Tutorials Have Been Updated

A set of 14 quick and easy 3-minute-or-less video tutorials about
CanDo08 have been posted to assist new users:

1) They will play back in your web browser (be you PC, Apple or
Ubuntu) with no additional software to download.
2) They are listed by topic, so you can just watch the one(s) you need.
3) They will walk you through all the basic CanDo08 commands.

You may find them posted here:
http://www.careercenter.arlington.k12.va.us/cando/use_cando.htm

NOTE:  Please remember that our goal is to help as many students as
possible (94%) attain competency (a rating of 3 or higher) on at least
80% of the required skills.  Required skills will appear in CanDo with
GREEN descriptions.  Optional skills will be BLACK.

I hope that these tutorials help you, and am open to any and all
feedback on how to make them better.

--David Welsh

Also, we don't yet have Ubuntu packages for CanDo yet, but we've at
least got the source install documented finally, although we still
need to upload a copy of the XML file containing the Virginia
competencies before you can really get a feel for how it works on your
own box (and to give you an example of the format to import your own
competencies, if you've got 'em).

http://book.schooltool.org/htmlhelp/cando.html

Thanks for Jason Straw for help with the documentation!

--Tom