SchoolTool 1.2 for Karmic... Soon!

Hi all,

The develoment team has done an excellent job in this cycle hitting
our targets for new features and improvements, and the coding for our
next major release is essentially done.

However, we're still working on creating new packages for Karmic and
uploading them to our PPA.  We expect this to be all settled by next
Tuesday, October 3rd.

The practical implication of this is that if you are using SchoolTool,
you should not upgrade to Karmic yet.  The SchoolTool server will fail
to start.  No data loss or anything, just no SchoolTool until next
week unless you downgrade some packages.

I did just realize that I should have given some of you more warning
about this.  I've actually tried to condition myself to think of the
needs of schools running SchoolTool on a server as our primary users.
These folks should not be in the habit of immediately upgrading their
production systems without testing in the middle of a school year.
However, some of you are using SchoolTool for personal use on PC's,
and used to going for the new shiny right away.

Regardless, apologies.

Part of the reason we have jammed lots of features and improvements
into this release is that for the next cycle the emphasis is going to
be on stability for inclusion in Ubuntu Lucid.  We will literally
begin working on packaging for Lucid next week.

--Tom