"Structured" translations for SchoolTool on Launchpad

Hi all,

After quite a bit of discussion and procrastination, we've finally
switched the permissions for translating SchoolTool and related
projects on Launchpad from "open" to what they call "structured."

For example, see https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/schooltool

Basically, this means that we can appoint specific people or teams to
our "translation group" to supervise translations on a per-language
basis.  For example, we've made Douglas Cerna the supervisor for
Spanish (El Salvador).  If there are no supervisors for a language,
they continue to be treated as "open" and anyone can submit
translations.

So, if you are interested in taking responsibility for reviewing
translations for a specific language, let us know, and we can set that
up for you.  If you are using a translated version of SchoolTool, it
might be a good idea to step up to do this, because if your particular
language is "open," we can't guarantee that a random Launchpad user
won't come along and screw up your translation without us or you
knowing.

This is all more than a little confusing, which is one reason it has
taken so long for us to make the switch, so please don't hesitate to
ask questions if you are interested and/or puzzled.

--Tom

Follow ups