Re: sif agent with schooltool

Hi Ben,

This is a long story...

I really tried to push SIF not just with SchoolTool but the open
source in education community in general about five years ago.  I
actually went so far as to write an open source ZIS in Python.  But
ultimately, I gave up on it because SIF is such a pain in the rear and
an annoyingly non-standard standard.

Also, our focus now is on the developing world, where SIF is not an issue.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Ben Greenfield <ben@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Forgive if this well covered. I tried to search the archives but found no method?
>
> My school is considering using schooltool. We are a public school in Massachusetts USA. Our DOE requires a comercial sif universal agents from companies like cpsi or edustructures.
>
> This means we will have to integrate a commercial universal agent with school tool. I see that SIF agent exists in schooltool so it seems the trick will be slide the commercial universal agent in place of the schooltool sif afgent.

There isn't a SchoolTool SIF agent at this point.  I'd be happy to
talk to you more about what might be necessary to use SchoolTool with
one of the universal SIF agents.  I'm actually in Providence, RI, by
the way, so depending on what part of Massachusetts you're in I might
even be able to come up for a visit.

--Tom