Re: The future of SIELibre and SchoolTool

Hi Rick,Please if there is anything I can do to help when you start work on the SchoolTool. We are using the application in a project here that has a lot of potential for scale up, but we do not have any developer to support the application for now, I hope we may be able to get a developer to support later.
Please it would be great if we can get somebody to take up the maintenance of this important application, so I look forward to hear from you on this.
Regards!David

    On Thursday, October 20, 2016 10:25 PM, Rick Bychowski <rick.bychowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 On 10/17/2016 07:35 AM, Tom Hoffman wrote:
> To be clear, Douglas and I would be happy to see Ark or anybody else
> take on continuing to support or develop SchoolTool.  We definitely have
> no proprietary feelings toward the project.  On the other hand, we don’t
> feel like getting directly involved at this point in time.  It is time
> for us to move on, or at least take an extended break.  As has always
> been the case, the main limiting factor for new people considering
> stepping in is the complexity of SchoolTool and its foundation in the
> Zope framework.

Tom,

Thanks for the update. Would you (or Ark) consider migrating the code
base and documentation to Github or BitBucket?

- Rick Bychowski