scratch team mailing list archive

PA

Hi Amos,

no luck yet with PA, in fact things got worse after an OS update and now
playback is stuttering again. The situation is complicated and might not
actually be all PA's fault but a combination of sound card, ALSA drivers
and ALSA/PA settings (though not forgetting the original internal API
change, not fully ruled out yet). None of which is relevant for an out
of the box solution. I had considered bringing together all the various
"solutions" and creating a check-list but I wouldn't inflict that on
novice users. So, giving it one last shot tomorrow before moving onto
alternatives.

Btw, are there any plans to support other distro's and/or KDE (which
would need a Phonon driver), and is there a case for a Linux specific
version of Scratch that can at least hook into DBus and GStreamer?

-D

Follow ups