scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Install on RedHat/Fedora/CentOS

Hi Kevin,

That's great that you managed to install the source tarball on your system!
One of the reasons we decided to make it available was so that someone could
turn it into an rpm, or try installing it on non-Debian based systems. Do
you have any experience making rpms?

By the way - the source is available on svn here:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/scratchonlinux/trac_subversion_tool

You'll also find the debian folder, which contains files like "rules" which
describe the install process on debian / ubuntu.

Are you able to view Scratch projects in presentation mode (by clicking the
screen icon in the upper right corner?) Part of the build process compiles
several plugins that Scratch uses, including the "ScratchPlugin" which
allows for things like presentation mode.  I'm not sure if we included the
binaries in the source package.

re: Readme - it would be great if you could write a new one to describe the
steps you took to install on your system. We'll post it on our Linux
Installer page and add it to the next release of the source package.

Amos
Scratch Team

--
_____