scratch team mailing list archive

Re: Interested in packaging Scratch for Fedora

Hi Mike,

It's great that you are interested in packaging Scratch for Fedora. Scratch does contain an mp3 implementation. Right now our efforts are focused on creating a version of Scratch that will run in the browser, so we won't be making many changes to the Squeak version. So perhaps the RPM fusion plan is a good route.

Sayamindu Dasgupta, a new graduate student in our research group, recently started looking into making some updates / improvements to the Scratch .rpm package. Once we make a few changes, you'll be able to get the source for the updated package from our Assembla site here:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/scratchonlinux/trac_subversion_tool

Scratch On!
Amos
Scratch Team