scratch team mailing list archive

Re: miry approved by amos-scratch

Lightnin said:
>  Welcome to the Team!  As you can see, not much has been happening
> lately. We need to integrate some patches for better Debian support and
> push a new release. Future versions of Scratch will be all "in the
> cloud," so development has stopped on the old Squeak based code-base.
> Thanks for joining! - Amos

Hi!

While on the one hand I think that would be nice, I think that the
standalone version is able to cope with offline cases, which the cloud
approaches can't. That is very relevant depending on how good or bad
the connection to the Internet is in school of at home for some kids.

In any case, I've just uploaded an improved version of the packages
for Ubuntu to my PPA, although I'm not sure if I should try to put it
into Debian and Ubuntu official repositories if it's obsolete already.

https://launchpad.net/~miry/+archive/ppa

Greetings and thanks,
Miry

Follow ups