Re: [Question #140392]: How to simulate key pressed from Java project?

Mathieu Bordas posted a new comment:
Thanks a lot. But calling type() with a null pattern does not work for
me (sikuli version X): nothing is done. That was one reason why I looked
for a different method. I will try to re-code my own type() method
without pattern image.

Something else:
when I try to type the '.' character, this Exception is thrown:
[debug] type "del?.", mod: (0)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid key code
	at sun.awt.windows.WRobotPeer.keyPress(Native Method)
	at java.awt.Robot.keyPress(Robot.java:243)
	at org.sikuli.script.Region.doType(Region.java:745)
[...]

my code is:
type("quickSearchBar.png", "my search" + '.');

I have no idea how to simulate the keyboard pressing '.' key. It also
appears with other keys, such as DELETE.

Note that I work with a french desktop (azerty keyboard), the '.'
character correponds to SHIFT + ';' on my keyboard.