Re: [Question #144310]: type(somekey, KEY_META) inconsistent

yarko gave more information on the question:
On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM, RaiMan <question144310@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> Your question #144310 on Sikuli changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/sikuli/+question/144310
>
> RaiMan posted a new comment:
> but if this works, then this should do too:
>
> b = App("Firefox3")
> b.focus()
> while not b.window():
>  wait(1)
> type("l", KEY_META); wait(0.5)
> paste("www.sikuli.org"); type(Key.ENTER)
>
> why:
> - Region.highlight() has no "connection" to the underlying region it is
> only a red frame in an "passive" overlay window.
> - the second b.focus() should not be necessary, since b has already the
> focus

You are right .... this does work...

I looked at my original post (about while loop failing), and I tried
renaming this (above - once it worked) from b.xxx to browser.xxx to see if
the variable name (accidentally) had some impact.

Nope - that works too (today / now).

Best I can guess:    either there is something inconsistent (and I wish I
could have caught what it was in a debugger when it showed) ---- or there is
some interaction with something else in the system (I have McAffee virus
protection running, as a work requirement).

Also - as you can guess (it's os-x after all) - I don't reboot often
(monthly?).   After this failed, I did reboot and still saw failure (I am
pretty sure I did that before my initial post).

Thanks for all your attention.

--
Regards,
- Yarko