[Question #144656]: Sikuli deleting images automatically?

Is it normal for Sikuli to delete some images automatically?
I sometimes replace the images in the .sikuli folder with some other images(which is not captured by Sikuli)... I'm not sure if this is causing it.
Next time I open the folder, half of the images I captured disappear. This happens inconsistently that I don't know what triggers Sikuli to delete those images. In which cases do Sikuli delete images without any asking?
Please help!!!