[Question #153348]: What are the best fonts for OCR?

I understand that OCR is not perfect, but I wonder if it works for some fonts better than others. I need to find("string"). I see that some charater combinations are easier to recognize than others. For example, find("MARIA") succeds while find("FEYNMANN") fails. My test system GUI uses proportional sans-serif, 12 point fonts (Arial-like). Are there some fonts/sizes that are easier for OCR to digest?