[Question #154025]: Convert an int into a string?

I have an integer variable: p  and when I try to do type(p) it does not work, says "TypeError: type(): 2nd arg can't be coerced to String"

So I looked around (Rai I know you will appreciate this) and used paste(p) and it says "TypeError: java.lang.String(): 1st arg can't be coerced to byte[]"

Lastly I tried print p.  It only printed the number in the sikuli 'messages', realized after hitting alt+shift+c.

Tried type(print(p)) just incase, and no luck as I should have known.  Using winxp 32 bit and latest version of sikuli and java.  .

Any way I can just convert an integer into a string, or just have it type the number, like a user would at a keyboard?