[Question #156531]: Script clicks anywhere even if exists() fails

hey, i am new to sikuli / (j)python - please forgive me if its a stupid question.

but for me my script looks logic and the syntax seems to be correct, but it produces a lot of weird actions...

my problem:
i want to doubleclick a picture which can be on the screen with a little modification.
it looks like: "name IV", "name V", ... "name XVI" and so on.

my solution:

doubleClick(exists(picIV,0))
....some code that waits and closes the opened window, its just a test-routine
doubleClick(exists(picV,0))
doubleClick(exists(picXVI,0))

this works fine until one of the pics is missing (i've coded this for just 4 pics and the first is another number now)
- for me - it should 'skip' the first block and continue with the second exists() because there are still 3 of 4 pictures

but the script clicks the last one 4 times for some reason. i cant understand why, because its not really logic to me...

spoken the code should work this way:
if there is a picture = pic1 -> doubleclick otherwise ignore and continue with
if there is a picture = pic2 -> doubleclick otherwise ignore and continue with

-> if there are only pic 2-4 on the screen it should doubleclick just on these 3 pictures

i cant see any reason why the script clicks on the 4th pic and doesnt handle the whole script in the correct way.

thanks for help