Re: [Question #156980]: How do i record menu bar using the take screen shot option.

I guess, you are using the screen shot function from inside the IDE,
which makes the selected menu to disappear, when you try to fire the
function in the IDE.

For this we have a keyboard shortcut to make a screen shot from outside the IDE. The current shortcut can be found and defined  in Sikuli's preferences.
Usage:
-- have Sikuli IDE opened (the screenshot will be inserted at the current cursor position in your script)
-- bring your app to foreground
-- open the menu as needed - press the shortcut -  Sikuli IDE should come up with the shortcut inserted