Re: [Question #158246]: UAC window capture

eliteSKL proposed the following answer:
I apologize in advance for not completely understanding/helping...  :/

but...

If you turn your security settings down, doesn't it say that it will
only notify you for changes to your pc? If you have already run this
particular installer(or what ever triggers the  UAC) it's it possible
that now it won't make the UAC popup if the software is already
installed on your machine?

I'm assuming you creating an installer script. I'm assuming your
creating this script on a machine that already has the software
installed on it.

does what ever your doing skip the UAC and continue to whatever else?

There are four UAC settings that you can choose from:
Always notify

Select this setting if you:
Always want to be notified when programs try to install software or make chanegs to your computer
Make changes to Windows settings.
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer

Select this setting if you:
Want to be notified only when programs try to make changes to your computer.
Don't want to be notified when you make changes to Windows settings.
Notify me only when programs try to make changes to my computer (do not dim my desktop)

Select this setting if you:
Want to be notified only when programs try to make changes to your computer without the desktop being dimmed.
Don't want to be notified when you make changes to Windows settings.
Never notify (Disable UAC)

Select this setting if you:
Never want to be notified when programs try to install software or make changes to your computer.
Never want to be notified when you make changes to Windows settings.