[Question #169276]: App close on Mac doesn't work on all apps

We are using Sikuli on OSX 10.6.7 to test our applications.

I'm attempting to use the App class fairly simply:

foo = App("myapp")
foo.open()
foo.focus()
....do sikuli stuff
foo.close()

Everything is fine except the close appears to do nothing.  The messages in the sikuli log are:

[log] App.close myapp(0)
[log] closeApp: "myapp"
[log] closeApp: myapp

There are no errors. The app can be closed with Mac cmd-Q key combination via Sikuli.

I can open and close other apps, like Safari successfully. Perhaps there's something odd about our apps, but I'm not sure what it might be. They are not in the /Applications folder, but a subfolder, but so are things like Terminal and they work fine. Any guesses would be welcome.