Re: [Question #171771]: run(command) on MAC

I never got complex run commands working on Mac.

Finally I ended up using Jythons subprocess, which is much more flexible
(after some experiments with os.popen).

And I always tried the command in the Terminal before baking it into a
script: this gives some hints on needed apostrophes.

In some cases, it was easier to make a shell script, that could be
called with "compact" parameters or without any parameters.