[Question #173976]: How do I call functions from test_ methods - NameError: global name 'blah' not defined?

How do I call functions from test_  methods?
JUnit functionality works OK until I try to do this.
When I do, I get messages of the form:

 - NameError: global name 'someName' not defined

where someName is the name of the function I'm trying to call.
I don't want this function to be a test hence its not named test_...

Much appreciated,

Terry.