Re: [Question #175489]: find works better if I highlight the search region first

... but the false match should have been in sregion too !?
if not, this would really be some bug.

So I guess it was in sregion: might have been a timing problem, that
does not happen with the additional waiting time produced by the
highlight.

And this finally confirms: for critical matches it is vital to have:
1. a capture that concentrates on the region, that makes it really distinct (as little background as possible)
2. narrow the search region as much as possible

>From the last question about your situation I know, that the MS VS GUI
is very bubbly ;-)

Since I do not think, that highlighting a region has any effect on a
subsequent find operation in the highlighted region, besides adding
additional waiting time, it would be helpful, to confirm this (without
confirmation, this could lead others in the wrong direction ;-)