Re: [Question #177227]: [Howto] import other Sikuli scripts

-- temp file
This is something that should be hidden to the user, but still is not: to process the script, as it is done by Sikuli internally, the script is copied to a temp file.
You have to take it as is - until this might be changed in the future.

-- Firefox start up test
Did not have any problems when using a capture, that fits the situation after startup with a defined page (I generally use about:blank for new tabs/windows) to check, wether FF opened.

I generally do not use such kind of test for application start up, I
always rely on the app window to be there. This gives me a chance to
restrict the search region further down to the app window.

example for a basic approach (reality might be more complex ;-)
needs FF to be off completely:

ff = App(r"c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe")
ff.focus()
for i in range (10):
    ffw = ff.window()
    if ffw: break
    wait(1)
ffw.highlight(2)

-- more comments (since I now looked a little bit deeper in your code
;-)

-- you use an image search to activate the url entry. I always try to use available shortcuts to do those things: faster, more robust and not dependent from any visual aspects.
in this case: type('l', KeyModifier.CTRL) # using CTRL-L

-- you use type, to fill in an url
this does not work as expected (see faq 933)
use paste() instead:
type('l', KeyModifier.CTRL)
paste(url_text)
type(Key.ENTER)