Re: [Question #177271]: Run Sikuli Script on VM without RDP session open

daluu posted a new comment:
Just an FYI, you can run in VM w/o monitor. Best option is to install
and use VNC instead of RDP. VNC = video relay of your desktop over the
network. Login with VNC, start script, disconnect. VNC session not
active, but since VNC relays the desktop you are already logged in from
the step earlier, so automation will run. If you reconnect, you should
see automation continuing to run (but not resuming) at wherever its
state should be if you kept VNC connected the whole time.

It might work with RDP whether session connected or not if you use the
console session 0, which is the "head" of the desktop monitor. On XP and
on Win 7/Vista home versions, RDP is to console session. But on Windows
2003/8, you can only connect as session 0 using /admin or /console
parameter when running RDP (i.e. mstsc /admin). You can tell what
session is used by looking at Task Manager users tab when you're logged
in over RDP. But I always use VNC as it always works for me.