[Question #178934]: Compare two images and get log info about comparison

I'm new to sikuli automation. I want to open the app firefox and open www.google.com.
Then I want to compare the image pattern i already have (home page of google) with the home page just opened now.
I need to access the log information whether the comparison is successfull.
Instead of using if (image1 == image2) I need to access log info.
I'm confused with the syntaxes switchApp, openApp, open.App and os.system and many other functions.
I'm currently using Ubuntu in VMWare.
It ll be helpful for me if someone kindly responds to this.