Re: [Question #180237]: Open iPhone application using Sikuli

Raymond Gonzales proposed the following answer:
Here is how you can open an iphone app in the simulator:

Download and make the following tool:
https://github.com/landonf/iphonesim

****Build your app with the xcodebuild command:

example (note this is not the end all be all of building an xcode project):
xcodebuild  -scheme [SCHEME OPTION] -target [PROJECT TARGET] -sdk [SDK VERSION] -configuration [USUALLY Debug OR Release] clean build

****with the latest xcode 4.2, the app should be built in the following
location:

/Users/[HOME DIRECOTRY]/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/[NAME OF
APP]-cgxlojxaxievlientprexqrbjuxt/Build/Products/Debug-
iphonesimulator/myApp.app

****copy the app file to the location where the iphonesim exec file is
at so that it makes it easier on you...trust me...its best...

****then you use the iphonesim tool
./iphonesim launch [ABSOLUTE PATH OF THE APP]/myApp.app

Example:
    ./iphonesim launch --device-family iPhone --sdk-version 5.0 ~/Project/build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Project.app

you can easily do all of this in sikuli by using s.type method in the
Terminal app

Actually I use java to control sikuli and have found it easier to create
a bash script and just run that to build and launch my app in the ios
simulator. But yeah....

This is by far the best way to get your app into the simulator and
launched.