Re: [Question #181831]: Selenium and Sikuli conflict??

Min-cheng HUANG posted a new comment:
In Java.

The example could be:

1. FirefoxDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();    //open a browser by Selenium
2. driver.get("http://www.google.com";);  //go to google.com by Selenium
3. Screen s = new Screen();
4. s.exists("Some pattern to google search button", 30) // click search button by using Sikuli
5. driver.get("http://www.facebook.com";);  // go to facebook.com by Selenium

The thing happened at the time when the Selenium switched to Sikuli as
Sikuli switched to Selenium. So, it's Step 2 to Step4, and Step 4 to
Step 5.

And, it's random. I found this issue when I ran my code under win server
2008. Java 7

The problem I am thinking about might be "OS", or "Race condition"

OS: because it seems the code runs pretty okay in other OS, win7 or win
xp, however, it's JAVA code. It should not matter which environment the
code runs.

Race condition: It seems that both APIs use same class. I am wondering
whether Selenium code will invoke Sikuli to check screen. When my code
freeze, I have no idea what it is waiting for. But, the solution to make
the code continue to work is either I can minimized the browser or move
other window to overlay the browser, then it works again.

So, it's like to change the current screen status which makes me  to
think about Sikuli is finding something on the current screen. And, to
change the current screen status make Sikuli to give up searching.
Because it makes no sense that Selenium will detect what is happening on
the current screen, I would guess that it's Sikuli trying to do
something at the same time.

I can take a video for the issue and that would be easier to understand
the problem.

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.