Re: [Question #183655]: Region.observe: want to pause other actions (e.g. main script) while handling event

I have made some tests with your solution and confirm, that when the
main thread is suspended while it is processing a find operation or some
Java AWT Robot actions (e.g. mouse movements), the handler will hang
when trying to process a Sikuli feature like find or mouse actions.

This means that internally some "locking" is used, to allow the parallel
activities of main script and observe handlers during normal operation (
I did not look deeper into the code yet ).

So if the main thread or any other handler is suspended during this
locked state, you have this deadlock situation.

Conclusion: Since it seems not possible (or at least without significant
effort by implementing some "transaction processing") to avoid these
situations,  your solution is not compatible with the current
implementation of the background observe.

I think it is worth, to change this question into a request bug